Deakin Scholarship for Excellence 2022/2023
The Deakin University International First Year STEM Excellence Scholarships are the focus of this article. These scholarships are offered to overseas students and come with a number of advantages, such as paying for tuition and offering additional financial aid. This post will discuss the Deakin Excellence Scholarship deadlines and Women’s Stem Scholarships.
International applicants for undergraduate and graduate studies in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment are eligible for the Deakin Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) scholarship.
2022/2023 Deakin STEM Scholarship for International Students
Students from other countries who are enrolled at Deakin University may apply for the Deakin STEM Scholarship. By offering financial help for their tuition expenses, this award has been created to support the academic and professional growth of international students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Deakin University, Australia
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Deakin University, Australia
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students.
Deakin scholarship dates
One year is the duration of the Deakin STEM Scholarship. If, however, you are enrolled in a double degree program, you may request an extension.
Deakin STEM Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
To be eligible for the Deakin STEM scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen from Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka or Vietnam.
- Be a new student who commences their course at Deakin anytime up until Trimester 3, 2026.
- Meet the entry requirements for their course, including English language requirements
- Maintain a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 65% during each previous year of study at Deakin AND have at least 8 credit points to complete in your course (only relevant if you are a student readmitting to Deakin).
- Be studying a Deakin undergraduate or postgraduate coursework (including honors) from the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment (SEBE).
- Not be commencing a course on the FutureLearn platform.
- Achieve the relevant scores for your current program.
Deakin STEM Scholarship Value
The Deakin STEM Scholarship is worth $10,000 and is paid in two installments:
- The first installment is paid in the second semester of your first year.
- The second installment is paid in the second semester of your second year.
How to apply for a Deakin STEM Scholarship
To apply for a Deakin STEM scholarship, you need to:
- Apply through the Deakin University website (the link is provided below).
- Provide a personal statement that includes your motivation for studying at Deakin and your future career goals. You can also include any additional information that you think will help us assess your academic record and potential.
- Provide academic results from secondary school (including ATAR/UAI), university studies or previous TAFE qualifications. If you have studied at international schools where grades do not correspond with Australian qualifications, please provide an official conversion of marks/grades into our grading scale using these guidelines. If applicable, please also provide an original English language test result (such as IELTS) showing that you meet the minimum level required by Deakin University’s English language requirements – see below for details on how to do this if necessary.
- Provide citizenship status information for yourself and any family members included in your application (this does not apply if all applicants are Australian citizens or permanent residents).
Deakin STEM Scholarship Deadline
Currently the deadline for Deakin University STEM Excellence Scholarships is unspecified.