Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Host Institution(s): Higher institutions in Australia and India
Scholarship Worth: AUD $10,000, Flight ticket & Living Stipend
Number of Awards: 70
Study Level: Research Students & Post-doctoral scholars
Nationality: International Students
The Australian Government – India Research Students Fellowship Program is presently accepting applications from qualified overseas students. AIRS Fellows will receive payment to cover all travel and normal living expenses, taking into consideration duration of stay and country of fellowship.
The initiative offers around 70 fellowships worth up to AUD $10,000, with 35 scholarships available to candidates from higher education institutions in each nation. The program is accessible to all qualifying research students and postdoctoral scholars (early-career researchers).
Australia – India Research Students Fellowship
AIRS Fellows will undertake a research project during an exchange of 4 to 8 weeks, to be completed by mid-October 2023.The AIRS Fellowship program was jointly proposed at the fifth Australia India Education Council in Delhi in November 2019.
It was launched in August 2022 at the sixth Australia India Education Council meeting, co-chaired by Australian Education Minister The Hon Jason Clare and Indian Minister of Education and Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship The Hon Dharmendra Pradhan. The program is run by the Australia India Institute and funded by the Australian Government Department of Education.
To be eligible for Australian Government India Research Students Fellowship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Masters by research students (includes Master of Science and Master of Philosophy)
- Masters by coursework students undertaking a research subject or research component
- Doctoral research students (including Doctor of Philosophy)
- Post-doctoral scholars (early career researchers) up to 5-years post-doctorate
- Undergraduate students are not eligible
- Doctoral students already participating in a joint Australia-India PhD program are not eligible.
How-to-Apply: Before applying, please read all sections of the Guidelines, which include important information on eligibility and the documents required to submit an application.
Applications can only be made via the online application form. You will need to register as a researcher with ARCH-India to view and submit the application form. Registering your profile on ARCH-India also enables you to save and revisit your application.
You will need to supply the following documents to complete your online application.
- Letter of Recommendation [PDF/docx]
- Letter of Support from the Host Institution [PDF/docx]
- Letter of Support from the Home Institution [PDF/docx]
Application Deadline: November 22, 2022