The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program gives financing and assistance to scholars to help them grow their research network and acquire important leadership abilities. Global Scholars are researchers from any country who have received their first academic position during the last five years.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Canada
Application Deadline: 25th October 2022 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8)
Type: Research, Fellowship
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program: Each CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar receives:
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put their skills into action, through participation in two cross-cohort annual meetings.
Duration of Program: 2 years
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world but must hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent) and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment.
- Scholars’ research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
- Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview* on March 22-24, 2021 in Toronto, Canada. Travel costs will be covered by CIFAR.
Application Process: They invite applications from early-career research leaders who can engage with any of the following CIFAR research programs: