2023 Government of Quebec Merit Scholarship Program for International Students
The Quebec Government Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students aims to attract the best foreign researchers and students, support the internationalization of research activities in Québec’s higher education institutions, and advance the recognition of Québec universities and College Centres for the Transfer of Technologies abroad (CCTT).
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Doctoral, Research, Postdoctoral
Number of Awards: Not specified (There are no quotas per country)
Application Deadline: 1st November 2022, 4 PM
Value of Award:
- Doctoral research scholarships: $25,000 a year. The duration of the scholarship is three years, with a possible extension of up to 12 months (monthly allowance of $1,000).
- Postdoctoral scholarships: $35,000 for one year (cannot be renewed).
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships: $3,000 a month for a period of up to four months.
- In addition to the scholarship, MEES offers all scholarship recipients an exemption from paying the higher tuition fees required for foreign students and the medical insurance coverage offered by the Régie de l’assurance Maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
Duration of Award:
- Doctoral research scholarships: The maximum duration of the scholarship is three years (nine semesters), with a possible extension of up to 12 months.
- Postdoctoral scholarships: The duration of this scholarship is one year. This scholarship is not renewable.
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships: The duration of this scholarship is four months. The scholarship is not renewable. A scholarship of lesser duration can be granted if the duration of the research is less than four months.
- Applicants must be foreign students or researchers from all research sectors (health, humanities, and social sciences, arts and letters, natural sciences, and engineering) preselected by a Québec university, Synchronex, the China Scholarship Council (CSC), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico (SRE) or the National Council on Science and Technology of Mexico (CONACYT) to begin or continue studies or research activities in Québec.
Application Process: Visit the official website for the application process