2023 Westerwelle Entrepreneurship Program for East African Startups
East African entrepreneurs that meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply for the Westerwelle Entrepreneurship Program’s 2022–2023 cohort, which supports creative enterprises in achieving their objectives.
The 6-month Westerwelle Entrepreneurship Program is designed for cutting-edge tech businesses in Tanzania and Rwanda. 30 chosen startups will receive the tools, networks, and infrastructure they need to improve their technological solutions.
Westerwelle Entrepreneurship Program 2023
This program is supported by Make-IT in Africa, a project by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
2023 Westerwelle Entrepreneurship Program Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Westerwelle Entrepreneurship Program, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- You are passionate about building an innovative high-growth venture addressing a need in a market
- Your product is built on technology: IOT/ Sensoring, Data Analytics/ Intelligence/ AI/ Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, Robotics, Drones/Aerial Imagery, Digital Platforms, Blockchain, etc.
- You and your team members are domain experts with complimentary skills and have a track record working as a team
- Your startup solution has a clear business model and is able to scale its operations in East Africa
- Your startup’s product/service contributes to the achievement of the SDGs (i.e. safe and fair job creation, potential to help underserved or low-income communities, climate mitigation and adaptation)
- You have women in your management team (executive or non-executive)
- Your operations are based in Rwanda or Tanzania.
2023 Westerwelle Entrepreneurship Program Benefits
- 6-month free access to workspace at the Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali/Westerwelle Startup Haus Arusha.
- Access to Makerspace / digital fabrication lab and product development support
- Business and leadership skills training with specialized experts
- Technical advisory support: legal, financial and digital marketing
- Individual mentoring with investors, business leaders and industry experts
- Online/offline meetups with peers and entrepreuneurial communities around the world
- Linkage with East African corporates, investors and other key players.
2023 Westerwelle Entrepreneurship Program Application Procedures
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Westerwelle Entrepreneurship Program 2023 are to complete an online application on or before the application deadline. Applicants will be required to answer the questions asked correctly.
Application Deadline: December 15th, 2022 at 11:59 pm EAT