How to Applying for NDDC Foreign/Local Scholarship for Nigerians & International Students 2023?
The Niger Delta Development Commission, or NDDC, is once again launching its Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Program to further support the development of human resources in the Niger Delta region. This program aims to provide young people with the necessary training and skills for effective participation in the Federal Government’s local content program, as well as to enable them to specialize in their areas of study and compete internationally in a variety of professional disciplines.
Nigeria and International
Value of Award:
The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.
The deadline for submission of application is Eight Weeks from the date of this advert. 8th November 2022
Eligible Field of Studies:
The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants, with relevant Bachelor’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following disciplines:
1. Biomedical Engineering
2. Software/Aeronautic Space/Aeronautic Engineering
3. Marine/Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering
4. Civil/Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering
5. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
6. Robotic Engineering
7. Information Technology
8. Artificial Intelligence
10. Medical Sciences/Medicine and Surgery
11. Hospitality Management
- Scholar must come from the Niger Delta region
- Possess five Credits at not more than 2 sittings
- Students must obtain First Class Degree/Second Class Upper Division to benefit from the Scholarship
Application Process: Prospective and qualified candidates should: Visit NDDC Website: (www.nddc.gov.ng)
1. Application must be made online (FREE) on the Commission’s website (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
i Recent passport photograph
ii Local Government Identification letter
iii Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Overseas/Nigerian University
iv Relevant degrees from recognized Universities
2. Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically
3. Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference
4. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
5. Shortlisted candidates will take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who are not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who are not invited for oral interview or candidates that are not successful during the oral interviews.
Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host/Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut-off mark.
The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
Deferment, Change of Institution and Course are not permitted.
The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Director Education, NDDC
E-mail: [email protected]
Dr Efiong Akwa