How To Create Free Edu Email Account– Are you a student or an educator looking for a free email account with a trusted .edu domain extension? Look no further! In this post, we will guide you step by step on how to create a free edu email account in 2023.
Having an .edu email account can provide you with various benefits such as access to exclusive discounts, free software, and educational resources. It can also serve as proof of your student status for various academic purposes.
When you enroll as a student or academic staff member at the majority of schools, you immediately receive an edu email address; however, at some, you may have to sign up on your own. It is provided for free by certain providers and for a fee by others.
By the end of this post, you will have your very own .edu email account and be ready to take advantage of all the benefits that come with it. So, let’s get started!
Also Read- how to write a cover letter for office assistant with no experiences
What are the benefits of .edu email?
Here are some of the benefits of having a .edu email.
1. GitHub Student Developer Pack
The first and biggest benefit of having a.EDU’s email address is the GitHub Student Developer Pack, the best free developer tools, and services for students. This student pack comes with 12 great offers and free services that may be useful to you, such as a $15 Amazon AWS coupon, $50 Digital Ocean coupon, and much more.
Take a look at the list below:
- $15 Amazon AWS coupon
- $50 Digital Ocean coupon. It will be expired within 12 months after adding to your account – a new account only.
- Bitnami: Offers the Business 3 plan for one year that typically costs $49 per month.
- Crowdflower: Access to the Crowdflower platform.
- DNSimple: Offers the Personal hosted DNS plan for two years that typically charge $5 per month.
- GitHub: Offers unlimited private repositories while you are a student. Normally, GitHub charges $7 per month.
- $25 credit of HackHands, a live programming help that is available 24/7.
- A suite of Microsoft Azure cloud services and developer tools: Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio Community, and the rest of Microsoft developer tools, while you are a student.
- NameCheap.com: Offer one year.ME domain name registration costs $18.99 per year – and one year SSL certificate costs $10 per year.
- Orchestrate Access to the Developer account that costs $49 per month, while you are a student. It’s a complete database portfolio, that includes search, time-series events, geolocation, and graph queries through an API.
- SendGrid: Offers the Student plan with 15,000 free emails per month, while you are a student.
- Travis CI: Access the Private builds that charge you $69 per month, while you are a student.
2. Amazon Student Pack
When you use an.EDU email account and sign up for an Amazon Student account – you will be able to use this Edu email for Amazon Prime for free for six months, which has many benefits:
- Free TWO-DAY shipping on many Amazon products.
- Get unlimited instant streaming of movies, TV shows, and music.
- Access exclusive deals for students.
- Unlimited photo storage with Amazon Prime Photos.
LastPass offers six months of the LastPass Premium for any users with a .EDU email address.
4. Newegg Premier
Grab one year of Newegg Premier which costs you $50. Just sign up for the Newegg Premier account with your student email account.
You will help yourself save a lot of money by using the.EDU email address to purchase products from Apple. There are changes to save up to $200 on Apple computers.
6. Microsoft DreamSpark
Grab Microsoft DreamSpark with plenty of useful software and a Microsoft Office 365 subscription for free.
The benefits list of .edu email is not limited to these only there are many other benefits like free domain name and much more.
Now let’s enter into the subject matter. How to get free .edu email. Follow the step below carefully to create free .edu email. This tutorial is divided into three parts. You can skip part 2(if you like).
How To Create Free Edu Email Account In 2023
If you are currently enrolled as a student at an educational institution, you can typically create a free edu email address through the institution’s IT or email services department. Here are the general steps to create an edu email address:
- Go to the website of your educational institution: Look for the IT or email services section of the website and navigate to the page for creating a new email account.
- Verify your student status: You will likely be required to verify your student status with the institution in order to create an edu email account. This may involve logging in to a student portal or providing proof of enrollment.
- Choose your email address: You may be given the option to choose your own email address or the institution may assign one to you. The format of an edu email address is usually “firstname.lastname@example.org“.
- Set up your account: Once you have verified your student status and chosen your email address, you will be asked to set up your account by creating a password and providing some personal information.
- Start using your edu email: After you have completed the setup process, you can start using your edu email to communicate with classmates, instructors, and other members of the educational community.
It is advised to visit your college’s website for detailed instructions because the exact steps to create an edu email address may differ based on the educational institution and email service provider.
How To Create Free Edu Email Account In 2022
Creating an edu email account is easy and simple. I will show you how to create a free edu email account.
This is the best edu email generator website that allows you to create free Edu emails. More than 1.8 million students use the website across 116 colleges across the globe. This is the best email generator website to use if you want to build knowledge.
Step 1: Visit the CCCApply website and select on select Hartwell College. Then click on Apply.
Step 2: Click on Begin Application Process.
Step 3: Create an account and enter your phone number to verify it.
Step 4: You will be requested to enter your contact information. Use a fake name but provide your original email ID.
Step 5: Fill up your Personal Information.
Step 6: Next, input your Legal First Name, Legal Middle Name, Legal Last Name,
Suffix, Preferred Name, and Date of Birth, and then confirm it.
Step 7: Next, Enter a password and confirm it. Then click on Create Account.
Step 8: You’ll Start A New Application after creating the account. You will repeat input Legal Name, other names, address and phone number, date of birth, residing country, gender, US social security number, etc. Then click on Save and Continue.
Step 9: Next, correctly input your High School information. Then click on Save and Continue.
Step 10: After filling up the questions and disciplinary details, click on Submit My Application.
Step 11: You will be sent an edu email account 1 or 2 days after registration.
Why Do You Need To Create An Edu Email Account?
You may want to create an edu email account for many reasons. Below are some of the reasons.
Benefits of Having an Edu Email Account
1. Access to free online courses and educational materials
An edu email account gives you access to free online courses and other educational materials. This means you can learn about new topics and gain new skills without spending any money.
- Enables you to participate in online educational competitions.
You can take advantage of many online competitions and prizes, often only open to people with an edu email address.
- It makes your life easy.
One of the most significant issues when getting a degree is transferring your grades from school or university to another institution. This may seem like a small problem, but it can be time-consuming and frustrating if you’re trying to transfer them manually. By creating an edu email address, all your official documents will be sent directly to this account so that you don’t have to worry about anything else!
- It helps you to keep track of all your educational materials.
You can easily keep track of all your documents in one place! Instead of having dozens of emails scattered across different accounts, all your official documents will come straight into one place – saving you time and energy!
- Offers Greater Security.
It’s more secure than public email accounts! Your information can easily be hacked or exposed when using a public account. Edu email account offers advanced security features such as a 2-factor verification system.
2nd method (Method 2)
Here is another working method for 2022 to get a free Edu email. This method was shared by our telegram member 🙂 We are proud to have such users who share such HQ methods/ techniques with us. This method for getting a .edu email is really easy and you can get the email within 3 days. (Because of this COVID situation the time for processing the application may vary so it may take some time.)
Without any delay, let’s move into the topic.
- First, connect to US IP. You can use any paid as well as free VPNs to do so. For writing this article I am using Express VPN.
- Go to this link to register for Illinois Central College.
- You will see different details to input in the field. You can get the details to enter from the OLD METHOD part. Get all the details and enter as asked.
Note: The age of the student should be more than 21 years. Keep in mind while entering these details.
- After filling in all the details click on Next Step
- For address, you can use any US address. (For better results you can use the Illinois address. In this article we are going to use the address of Florida just to show any address will work.)
- It asks for some details like phone number and email. For email enter your own email to which you have access. It sends all the Edu email details in the email you mentioned so it’s better to use your own primary email. In place of a phone number enter any random number or you can use VOIP numbers from sites like text now and Twilio.
- After filling in all the details click on Next Step. It will ask some general questions. you can use the random answers or select the answers from the old method. (We suggest using the answers from the old method or following the answers as mentioned in this article.)
- After this step, the Academic part is very important. You have to be more careful which you select. Selecting anything wrong may result in rejection and you won’t get the .edu email. If you didn’t get the edu email on the first try you have to change the program and apply again. You can change the time for joining the class as well. (For the example I have used the random course, it is not sure that you will get Edu email from the course I mentioned. )
- Select any university and the graduation year your like.
Note: Don’t put the gap of more than one 1year from your applying date to your graduation date.
- After filling in all of these details you are at the end of the process. Now just select the “I certify …..” And click on Submit. It will as you to confirm again your submission just confirm again by clicking on “Submit the article”
That’s all for this method. You have successfully applied for the Illinois Central College. Now the only thing you have to do is wait for a reply from the university. We received the reply within 3 days from the University and successfully got the free Edu email address on the 3rd day. Hope you will also get the same from the university.