Job Title: Business Systems Administrator II
About the role…
As the System Administrator for Finance and Legal Systems, you will be responsible for the administration of all Finance and Legal SaaS systems.
In this role you can expect to…
- Always be learning new systems to help support its users.
- Escalation of all Level 2 and higher tickets to the appropriate resources on the Business Systems Team – this role will manage the ticket queue of all support tickets for the team.
- The direct point of contact for system outages and maintenance window notifications that impact users and will provide timely updates so users understand the current status of any system disruptions.
- Manage the periodic release schedule for systems like Netsuite, Coupa, Avalara, Ironclad, and similar systems. This task requires advanced awareness of the upcoming changes and how those will impact current users, organization of testing critical business processes, and remediating issues that are found in testing
- Perform all the quarterly system reviews preparing controls for the system owner to validate and approve.
- Address user requests for minor customizations following an established SDLC process with approvals prior to deploying to production.
- Support end user requests to run reports, saved searches, custom dashboards
- Monitor end-user usage, daily system scripts and track system performance
- Execute SOX controls and assist in fulfilling audit requirements
- Review and manage bundled functionality for updates and initiate testing processes to validate any new functional changes to bundles.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Finance and Legal SaaS systems like Netsuite, Coupa, Anaplan, IronClad, Avalara, Stripe, Concur, or other similar systems or the desire and aptitude to learn new technologies and system processes.
- A current learning mindset that you can demonstrate by showing previous examples of how you learned a new system, accepted new responsibility for that system, and established a relationship of trust with your users through your interactions.
- Administrator-level knowledge of roles, permissions, page layouts, custom objects, scripting, workflows, reports, and dashboards.
- Administration certifications desired for this role.
- Previous Sarbanes-Oxley experience is also desired.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of accountability as well as a proven track record of driving results through indirect influence and delivering results.
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication. Solid presentation skills are desired.
- Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented. Must be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities including ad hoc requests.
- Commitment to excellence in delivery of customer service.
- Comfortable in working with personnel at all levels of the organization. #LI-RP1
How to Apply