Table of Contents
Head Engineering Job at Workforce Group
Workforce Group is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organizational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
Recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Engineering
- Company: Workforce Group
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos
- Job type: Full-Time
- The position incumbent is responsible for overseeing & co-coordinating all Engineering functions; including the design, construction and maintenance of Architectural and Engineering structures, Terminals, Retail Outlet, VMIs & other installations.
- Addition the Head Engineer is responsible for end to end cycle of Engineering Projects and Services Policy articulation in line with the strategic imperatives of the organization, identification and analysis of the technical business support needs and overall effective management of all Engineering activities.
- The position incumbent has the on-site supervisory responsibility of ensuring hitch free Retail, VMIs and terminal operational activities at all locations nationwide through effective formulation of maintenance policy / strategy plus technical guidance to the Projects, Technical Services & Maintenance teams with prompt Engineering Project delivery.
- Formulate policies and procedure for process control and utilization of company facilities and equipment
- Ensure that the service delivery of Projects, Technical Services & Maintenance units meet agreed standards and that agreed customer satisfaction levels are achieved.
- Ensure that all Managers and Unit heads / Engineers within the Department have agreed objectives, performance reviews, coaching and appraisals.
- Prepare, agree and manage the operating budget for the Engineering Department.
- Understand future business needs, prepare and implement Engineering Department strategy to meet those needs
- Responsible for the liaison with all of the internal customers to agree service deliverables.
- Engineering service standards compliance management
- Customer Service standards compliance management
- Engineering Supply Chain Management
- Oversight responsibility for the end-end life cycle of all projects and activities
- Conducts Standards Checks in Retail Outlets, VMIs Terminals & Jetties. Checks should cover EHSQ, inspections as well as supervision adequacy.
- Ensure Reports of Controls & Standards Checks are timely submitted within and all actions followed up with action parties until they are closed,
- Ensures pending actions that have failed deadline are escalated to concerned GM ops.
Academic Qualification & Work Experience:
- Minimum 1st degree in Engineering (2.2 )
- Professional membership is an advantage
- Must be a Registered Engineer (NSE & COREN or equivalent)
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in oil and gas downstream engineering projects and maintenance, at least 2 of which must be in a managerial capacity or equivalent role in a reputable organization.
- Must have proven direct participation in FEED and execution for at least 2 major engineering projects valued at min. N200m each.
Competences Required (Knowledge, Skills and Attributes):
- National / International Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Leadership management
- Cost management and control
- Team Management
- Engineering Strategy/Policy making
- Engineering standards and codes
- Conflict management.
- People management.
- Quality control and assurance management.
- Project management.
- EHSSQ management.
- Contracting management.
- Facility management.
- Construction management.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
To apply for this job please visit app.ismartrecruit.com.