Job Title – Senior Software Engineer, Storage
We are looking for a Senior Java software engineer to build tiered storage for a new streaming database that allows the user to store and query data with predictably low latencies.
Hazelcast is an open source distributed computation and storage platform for consistently low-latency querying, aggregation, and stateful computation against event streams and traditional data sources.
What We Look For
The following represent attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- concurrency and Java’s concurrency model, also known as the Java Memory Model
- garbage collection
- evolution of the JDKVery strong technical skills with core Java, including areas such as:
- data structures
- mechanical sympathy concepts
- low-latency systems
- distributed systems and database design theory and internals
- garbage collectionAn understanding of and interest in:concurrency and lock-free algorithms
- Passion about solving difficult computing problems
- Experience with implementing non-trivial infrastructure code.
- Ability to create well-crafted and thoroughly tested features, taking full-responsibility from the design phase
- Attention to all aspects of code quality, from clean-code to allocation-rates.
- Good understanding of analytics and/or data management ecosystem
Nice to have
- Interest and experience with compiler architecture
- Background in participating in programming contests
- Previous experience with storage systems as a developer
To apply for this job please visit hazelcast.bamboohr.com.