Job Title: Solutions Architect
Hazelcast is a leading software company with a massive community reach. Our software sits at the heart of the world’s leading companies’ mission-critical systems and enables them to act instantly on data everywhere. At Hazelcast, you’ll get the chance to continuously push the boundaries of distributed computing and work on great open-source products that can run anywhere – from on-premises to the cloud or at the edge.
As a Solutions Architect in Hazelcast’s Support department, you will work with Software Engineers and Operations staff at leading organizations, both small and large, around the globe. You are someone with a software engineering background that is looking for a new challenge. You have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting. You will be investigating complex issues that may never have been seen before. If digging into source code or evaluating a network stack to understand how things work, or why they don’t sounds interesting to you then you will enjoy it here.
Above all, you are an enthusiastic team player who can communicate well, and is eager to learn and help others.
***This is a remote position and we have posted it in multiple locations to attract the perfect candidate. No matter where you work, you’ll have opportunities to travel, meet, and work with some of the brightest minds in cloud and distributed computing.***
- Become an expert on our products
- Work directly with customers and the community to diagnose development & operational issues
- Research, identify, reproduce and document bugs
- Think outside your role to improve our company and products
- Write blog posts, speak at user groups/conferences, help with benchmarks, and other project work
Skills & Requirements
This is a demanding role. To be successful you should:
- Have experience with Specifically:
- Java core, multithreading/concurrency, and network programming
- Be able to troubleshoot and tune for performance (e.g. TCP/IP, Multicast, JVM Garbage Collection)
- Enjoy helping people
- Handle stressful situations with grace
- Communicate complex ideas with simplicity and clarity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
As part of the interview process we will discuss:
- Distributed systems and scalability
- Network protocols
- How NoSQL systems work
- Troubleshooting in general and specifically JVM tooling (profilers, etc.)
- Experience with Hazelcast
- Experience with cloud deployment (Amazon, Azure, Google, k8s etc)
- Experience in Windows and/or UNIX/Linux system administration
- Experience with large production deployments
- Experience with VM and containerization technologies
- Experience with distributed caching, scalability and high availability systems
- Involvement with other Open Source projects
- Experience with data-storage (SQL, NoSQL, Graph, “big-data”)
To apply for this job please visit hazelcast.bamboohr.com.