Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023– The Shanghai Government Scholarship application period for international students in 2023/2024 is currently open. The scholarships are available for undergraduate, master’s, and doctorate programs in Shanghai.
The scholarship aims to recruit excellent and intelligent students and intellectuals from around the world, as well as to foster international collaboration and exchanges in Shanghai education.
The program is broken into two categories: A and B. The A-type scholarship is a fully-funded award that covers tuition, housing, living expenses, and complete medical insurance during the scholarship time, whereas the B-type scholarship only covers tuition and comprehensive medical insurance.
Also Read – 2023 Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Shanghai Government
Scholarship to be taken at: Shanghai
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Study Level: Undergraduate, Masters and PhD
Nationality: International students
Also Read- NWAG Scholarship 2023 for Female Undergraduate
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023-2024
To be eligible for the this scholarship, applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- Age and education background:
- Applicant applying for undergraduate programs, should obtain a high school degree or above and be no more than 25 years old; for master’s programs, applicant should have a bachelor degree or above and be no more than 35 years old; for PhD programs, applicant should have a master’s degree or above with academic research ability, and be no more than 40 years old.
- Applicant applying for the pre-college program should obtain a high school degree under the age of 23 years old, with a letter of pre-admission of undergraduate program from a Shanghai university.
- Outstanding in academic performance.
- Language proficiency:
- Generally, applicant should achieve Chinese level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university and program.
- Meeting entry requirements of the applied university and program.
- Applicant that has received any other scholarships offered by Chinese government or organizations is not entitled to apply SGS.
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 Application Procedure
How-to-Apply: Applications for Shanghai Government Scholarship are done online Applicants can log onto http://apply.study.shmec.gov.cn and complete the application while ensuring that they attach the necessary supporting documents within the application window.
Application Timeline: February to April