A photograph, sketch, or painting of an inspirational character can convey a thousand stories and cut across a thousand languages. Celebrating and sharing the stories of entrepreneurs can take many different forms.
A great artist finds a muse and transforms it into something relatable, engaging, and timeless, much as a great entrepreneur takes an idea and turns it into a successful business. Africa No Filter wants to help you while you produce this work.
The Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund invites proposals from up-and-coming writers, artists, and content producers, including as podcasters, bloggers, and vloggers, whose work delivers a more current and genuine narrative of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs in Africa.
Grants from $500 to $2,000 will be given by the Fund to each chosen participant.
“Young entrepreneurs and those they inspire are the lifeblood of Africa’s rise” — Tony Elumelu
Table of Contents
How to Apply for Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund 2022 for Content Creators
Project’s Eligible to Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund
The Fund is awarded to content creators in two categories: Media and Arts.
- Media includes Bloggers, Vloggers, and Journalists. Examples of projects: A series of published articles identifying innovative tech entrepreneurs, a vlog that showcases entrepreneurs in underrepresented areas, and a blog that shines the light on new African innovation.
- Arts grants will be made to photographers, filmmakers, sketch artists, painters, and digital artists. Example of projects: A lighthearted, comedic short film telling the story of an 11-year-old budding entrepreneur, a photography series of Africa’s Top entrepreneurs, etc.
The maximum amount for the Storytellers Fund is $2,000.
How to Apply for Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund
- All candidates must apply only once, with their best idea.
- Applicants of the Tony Elumelu Storytellers fund will be contacted by 31 August 2022 on their application status.
- All Tony Elumelu Fund recipients must complete their projects by October 2022.
- You are not required to apply individually as a team. Please be aware that you, the single applicant, are accountable for the completion and success of the task.
Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund Eligibility
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 35 and live on the continent or in the Diaspora;
- They must have a platform or portfolio of work that challenges stereotypes about youth and entrepreneurship in Africa.
- This grant opportunity is open to both Africans living on the continent and Africans in the Diaspora.
Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund – Grants
- The Fund will award grants of $500 to $2,000 to each chosen participant.
Take Note of the Dates Below;
- June 30, 2022: Applications Open
- July 29, 2022: Application Deadline
- August 31, 2022: Shortlisted Candidates: Informed
- September 23, 2022: Successful Applicant Announcement