In this article, we will be looking at the responsibilities of a Mobile Developer, the skills required to succeed as a Mobile Developer, and the salary of mobile developers. We will also be providing answers to the following questions; Who Is a Mobile Developer?, What does a Mobile Developer do? .
Who is a Mobile Developer?
Mobile developers are a type of software developer. They specialize in mobile technology such as building apps for Google’s Android, Apple’s iOS, and Microsoft’s Windows Phone platforms. For this reason job titles for this type of role also include Android developer and iOS developer.
What does a Mobile Developer do?
A mobile developer is a professional who is focused on developing software or systems for mobile devices. This role has become popular as more e-commerce and other digital interactions are taking place through smartphones and less through computers. As smartphones evolve, responsive design and other factors have made it easier for consumers to migrate to mobile platforms – and that makes the mobile developer very much in demand.
A Mobile Developer is someone who designs, develops, and implements mobile applications. The greater the variety of uses for digital devices, the greater the need for developers who can create software for them.
Your work title as a mobile developer may change or become more precise depending on your area of specialty. For example; If your area of expertise is Android development, you can also be called an Android Developer or an Android App Developer. While if your area of expertise is IOS development, you can be called an IOS Developer or an IOS App Developer.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Mobile Developer
Each mobile development project begins with a concept. Understanding this concept and what the customer is attempting to accomplish with the application is the first duty of a mobile developer.
This makes it possible for the mobile developer to choose how the implementation should appear. Highlighted below are duties/responsibilities of a Mobile Developer.
- Working out customer needs and converting them into technical requirements
- Developing application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Cooperation with function designers, UX designers, UI designers and programmers
- Implementation of new and further development of existing apps
- Consultation with the customer and the development team
- Ensure coherence between the functional and the technical side
- App development (in collaboration with the rest of the development team)
- Ensuring the correct linking of the backend and frontend
- Keeping up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Using and adapting existing web applications for apps
- Working closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design.
- Creating a detailed time and cost estimate for a potential project.
Typical employers of mobile developers
- Android and iOS app development companies
- Android and iOS platform development companies
- Software companies
- The healthcare sector
- Travel and tourism industry
- Entertainment industry
- Financial services
- Media organizations
Key skills for mobile developers
Depending on the platform where you specialize, more technical tools are needed. You must use Objective-C or Swift if iOS is your preferred operating system.
Java and the well-known IDE Eclipse are tools you may use if you’re an Android developer. But the Google framework now fully integrates the cross-platform programming language Kotlin. C# and Visual Studio should be well-known to Windows users.
- Programming languages such as C#, Java, Objective-C
- Strong organizational skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Drive to keep up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Mobile Developer Salary
Mobile developers often get higher-than-average pay, however, this can vary greatly from sector to industry and from firm to company.
In the US, the beginning wage is often in the range of $44,000 per year. While elite earners with sufficient job experience can make an annual gross pay of $200,000 or more, the average wage is roughly $127,000.
The salaries of mobile developer in other nations, like Germany, ranges from $45,000 to $78,000.